
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Meet Ruby!
For those of you who have never met Ruby... here she is. Ruby is pleasantly plump, or Rubensesque, which is in fact where her name originated from. Ruby was used in a campaign ad about 10 years ago for The Body Shop. I always thought it was a clever way to remind us that we can be beautiful even if we don't look like what the media says we should look like. As the mother of a teenage daughter I see how much our youth buy into all the hype(not to mention the rest of us)... being healthy is important... trying to always be a size 2 isn't.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Watch out Barbie...or these new Bratz dolls (I really don't get them...) Thanks for sharing; sort of like the Dove "real Beauty" campaigns.
yes, except The Body Shop has been doing that campaign for about 30 years...I don't like Bratz dolls either. Cydney never had any
Post a Comment