I was fortunate enough to get to be there with him when he took
last breath. I learned a lot from him and have many great memories
but the best gift he gave me was while he was dying. He taught
me I can be as strong as I have to be and love someone without
ever hearing the words "I love you" back, but when he took my
hand for the last time I knew he did. I learned no matter
how scared you are of something compassion and God's grace will
see you through it.
I am going to miss sharing our birthdays together... just know I
will always be thinking of you.
2 comments:
I won't ever forget the dinners at the Arlington & the Hilton hotel!He was a VERY nice man, & I know he loved you & the rest of his family dearly...
Your grandpa was a wonderful person, so thoughtful and considerate. Always hospitable and the perfect gentleman. You could see how much he cared for and loved you in the little things he did.
Post a Comment